Happy weekend, everybody! I don’t often post on Saturdays, but found myself with some extra time while the kids are napping so I thought I’d finally do “The 12”! I was tagged by the lovely Cate from Wild Ruffle a little while back to share 12 random facts about myself and answer 12 random questions!
1) I’m convinced pizza covers all the food groups.
2) I love cleaning my kitchen, or at least the Martha Stewart clean feeling I get afterward when I know everything is spotless. When it’s spic n span, all is right with the world.
3) I was the only girl in a neighborhood of 12 boys growing up. Back in the day, I could play Lightning or baseball with the best of ’em. 😉
4) I have telephone phobia (yes, it’s a real thing). Phone calls stress me out! I make them and answer them (sometimes), but it’s not my preferred medium of communication. Thank goodness I live in the era of text messaging.
5) If I could eat one thing for breakfast for the rest of my life without consequences, it would be Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
6) Despite how crazy life is with three kids under three, we would eventually love to add one more little baby to complete our family.
7) Jake and I have a random pipe dream to live in Dallas someday.
8) I wore an eye patch as a kid to correct my lazy eye – a dramatic experience for a five-year-old.
9) Nothing beats deep conversations and a cup of coffee with a good friend.
10) Someday, maybe after the kids are in school, I would love to get my personal training license.
11) If I knew Kelly Ripa personally, I like to think we’d be best friends.
12) If I had an unlimited budget, my entire wardrobe would be from Lululemon.
12 Random Questions (I edited these a bit because the originals did some referencing to Christmas.)
1) What are your favorite things about winter?
I love how quiet it is when you go outside right after a fresh snowfall. I also love how excited little kids get when it snows for the first time. And the feeling I get when I shovel the driveway by myself – a super mom high.
2) What is your favorite winter outfit?
My winter mommy wardrobe consists of long sweaters, leggings, and slippers which rarely leave my feet (embarrassing when you get to Target to realize you forgot to change out of them).
3) What is your favorite winter food?
Roast and potatoes…classic farm food.
4) What is your favorite winter drink?
Steamed apple juice.
5) How you do like your makeup in the winter?
A little under-eye concealer, blush, and bronzer. More eye-liner and mascara and sometimes a darker lipstick (for those hot dates with my hunny!) 😉
6) What is one goal you’re hoping to accomplish this year?
To get back into meal planning and cut back on take-out food.
7) What is your favorite winter scent?
I’m obsessed with Yankee Candles – Macintosh Apple is my favorite this time of year. Fall-Wintery, yet fresh!
8) What is your favorite winter memory?
Getting married to the love of my life on December 22, 2007!
9) What is your dream way to spend a winters day?
Start the day sipping my cup of coffee by the fireplace, head to the gym to get my blood pumping, stop for Starbucks on the way home, take a long winter’s nap after lunch, and have an in home date night with Jake playing board games or watching our shows on the DVR.
10) what are the first 3 things that remind you of winter?
All my outdoor plants biting the dust, Christmas decorations out in stores ridiculously early, and Starbucks Red Cups.
11) What is your favorite winter song?
Gosh I’m so bad with song titles. Lately I’ve been loving my Kari Jobe Pandora Station and play it all day long in our house via our amazing new JamBox. If you don’t have one, you need one.
12) Finish this sentence: If I could be granted one wish this year, it would be…that Baylen, Emersyn, and Mckinley will build a strong foundation as they start interacting and playing together more everyday. I want them all to be best friends!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, friends!